Rhiza Edge is currently closed for unsolicited submissions for young adult fiction (Age 13+). We will reopen for submissions between 1 August - 15 August 2019.
We aim to publish relatable, issue-based stories for today's young adult readers, ranging from books with a light, humorous touch through to deeper, more challenging tales. As an independent publisher, we love to find those unique stories that connect us all.
We strongly recommend that you have a read of the types of books we publish before submitting a manuscript.
Stories from authors with diverse backgrounds are particularly encouraged.
Please note: We will not accept submissions with explicit violence, sex scenes, horror or excessive swearing.
To submit a manuscript:
- A personal CV/resume relating specifically to your writing experience
- A full 2-page synopsis
- A full manuscript (formatted in Word not PDF).
- Your full return details (i.e. name, address). These must also be included on the pages of your manuscript.
- Any specific marketing plans for your manuscript is recommended
- Feedback from any editors or beta readers you have worked with is also welcome
Please do not send us queries. You must submit using our online form here.
Please Note: Due to Turn-around time for submitted manuscripts can be up to 6 months.
Young Adult Fiction - What we are looking for:
Length: 45 000 to 100 000 words
We want YA stories that are:
- Relatable and real-life
- Focused on the challenges teens face
- Ultimately hopeful
- Engaging and thought-provoking
Don't Know What We're Looking For?
Want some inspiration for the sorts of edgy titles we're looking for? Purchase our 'Edgy Favourites' pack today!
$60 for 4x Rhiza Edge titles + Free Shipping